A HIIT routine stands for High-Intensity Interval Training, this means, a non-stopping routine for usually half an hour, making us comsume a lot of energy. Here are the foods you can eat after each session for recovering.
Many people that are beginning in the fitness world may not know how important it is to eat after, or during, sessions. But not any meal or food, you have to take care of your caloric values, or the diet you are implementing.
In a hard HIIT session, you burn great amounts of energy, and it is necessary to recover them immediately. Besides, we help with weight loss or build muscles up if we consume these foods after each session:
1. Eggs: as a great source of protein and amino acids, which will help you with muscle recovery; and vitamin B which can aid in energy production. You can use eggs in different combinations: salads, omelets, bowls, and more.
2. Blueberries: rich in fiber, vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants. What else do we need to say? Eat them alone, or combine them with coconut yoghurt or any other you can imagine.
3. Avocado: rich in magnesium for muscle recovery-, potassium, which can help in the regulation of fluid balance and the control of electrical activity of the heart and other muscles. Also, a great source of folate and vitamins C, K, and B-6, nutrients that are all anti-inflammatory.
4. Green leafy vegetables: like kale, spinach, arugula, watercress.
5. Protein powder: well, you know this is the usual. Make sure it contains the right amount of proteins. Consult an expert.
Well, as mentioned before, a HIIT routine is an excellent one for burning fat, building up muscles or toning the body. It makes us consume a lot of energy, so we recommend you to add any of these foods to your regular diet plan, and especially after training. Your body will thank you.