Any reunion can’t be complete without these snacks; prepare these toasts for your guests or your kids after school; or have it as a breakfast. Anyways, they going to be delicious and healthy.
Kids love these Cheese Corn Toast, and we can see why. These snacks are tasty and excellent for their nutrition as they enjoy them. Or if they are for you, they will fit perfectly in your diet. Check it out and enjoy preparing them.
Cheese Corn Toast
- 8 Bread Slices - Cut into triangle
- 1 Cup Corn - You can use fresh /frozen or canned corn
- 1 Cup Capsicum/Bell Pepper - thinly chopped
- 1 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Colored Bell Pepper - optional
- 1 Jalapeno - thinly chopped - optional
- 1/4 Cup Cheese - shredded - you can use any variety
White Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter - I'm using salted butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180c.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add all purpose flour and mix evenly.
- Keep the heat at low and saute the butter - flour mix for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and mix evenly to form a smooth batter.
- Add salt, pepper, all the mentioned veggies and keep mixing the batter till it thickens and coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn of the heat and remove the pan and let this mixture cool a bit.
- Spoon the mixture over each slice (cut into a triangle) and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baked cheese corn toast from the baking tray and serve fresh.