Born on November 2, 1965 in New Delhi, India, Shahrukh Khan is a very famous Bollywood actor.
He made his debut in Bollywood in 1992 with “Deewana”, which becomes an instant hit and won his first Filmfare award for best debut actor. He made heads turn when he appeared with perfect six pack abs in “Om Shanti Om” (2007). His workout routine for that film is a very good workout routine to follow.
So, let’s have a look at Shahrukh Khan's workout routine and diet plan by which he got perfect abs.
Shahrukh followed a very strict diet plan. He avoided all kinds of breads and rice, as well as high-fat food made with butter. He also avoided all simple carbohydrate foods like refined grains and anything that have added sugar.
His diet secrets included:
- Having a protein drink after workout.
- Eating high-fiber complex carbohydrate food like vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
- Having 2-3 liters of water every day.
- Eating protein rich food like chicken, egg whites, skimmed milk and lean meats.
- Avoiding sweets, alcoholic beverages and fried food.
- Strictly following a low carbohydrate and high protein diet.
This was his workout routine:
- 100 push ups.
- 60 pull ups. According to him doing pushups and pull ups regularly for a month will start showing amazing results.
- Half hour devoted to lifting weights for abdominal muscles. He advices to do strength training only for four times a week resting one day in between.
- 30 minutes cardio exercises like jogging, running and cycling.
He gave some workout tips for our body care:
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water in a day. Your body needs to be well hydrated.
- Follow some cardio exercise daily for a minimum of 30 minutes to burn body fat.
- Avoid sweets. If you have craving for something sweet eat a fruit.
- Never train your abs for more than 4 times a week giving one day rest in between. Working out your abs everyday will lead to muscle damage.