This Mexican dish isn’t usually as healthy as we would want. But it can fit your ketogenic diet if you prepare it this way. Keep reading and try it!
Maybe you know about the keto diet already, maybe you don’t, but we either way explain it to you. It is increasing the amount of fats and lowering the carbs in your daily food intake. In this way, your metabolism increases trying to burn this fat to turn it into energy.
So, today we bring you a recipe that follows the principle of the keto diet. A Mexican dish that you will enjoy without feeling guilty. Give it a try!
Keto Beef Taquitos
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup Minced Onion
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Garlic Power
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Water
- Brown the beef with the minced onion. In a cup mix the cumin, chilli powder, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper with the water. Then pour over the browned ground beef. Let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Divide the cheese mixture into 6 then make balls. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake @ 400 F for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 1- 2 minutes. Flip upside down, then place a few spoonfuls of the beef on the edge of each shell. Tightly roll each one into a cigar shape. (You need to do this quite quickly, before the cheese hardens)
- This recipe makes 6 Keto Beef Taquitos.
- Note: To reheat, Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes.