Oats are a nutrient-rich cereal, considered healthy because of its effects on the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Oat seeds are rich in nutrients. They are consumed as a whole grain with benefits for humans, thanks to antioxidants such as avenanthramides.
1. Whole oats contain high amounts of valuable nutrients, such as fiber, protein, unsaturated fatty acids, B vitamins, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, zinc, and iodine.
2. The β-glucans contained in this cereal are very effective for the prevention and reduction of several diseases such as cancer, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, coronary disease, liver damage, in addition to promoting the growth of beneficial intestinal microbiota.
3. Avenanthramides have biological properties such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity.
4. It facilitates intestinal transit and prevents constipation.
5. It has carbohydrates of slow absorption, which allows a longer satiety effect and a greater control of blood sugar levels.
6. It contains B-complex vitamins, which are involved in the development and maintenance of the central nervous system.
7. Its essential amino acids help stimulate the liver to produce more lecithin, which purifies the body's heavy compounds.
8. The soluble fiber of the oats benefits people with diabetes because it favors the digestion of the starch, stabilizing the sugar levels, especially after eating.
9. Serves as a remedy to relieve itchy skin. This is because dry, itchy skin contains high levels of pH that oats help normalize, relieving discomfort and moisturizing the skin.
In addition, it contains chemicals known as saponins that have intense cleansing properties, making it ideal as a face mask and for washing your face daily, especially if you have sensitive skin.
10. Oats are ideal for removing impurities and dirt from the body and can also help reduce the appearance of dirt from hair. Just apply a thin layer of ground oatmeal on your hair and brush to absorb the excess oil. It also works to relieve scalp itching. This cereal strengthens, nourishes and softens the hair too.