Arteries are the roads of the blood, so they are of most importance for the body. And that means they should not be blocked. Here you have some foods that can help you cleanse them.
Everything we eat affects our body, whether good or bad, any food has an effect. Sometimes we see the immediate results, sometimes it takes times but we can see them in our hair, bones, skin, muscles or the heart. Eating high fat foods increases bad cholesterol, affecting you heart.
LDL cholesterol (Low-density Lipoproteins), or bad cholesterol, is dangerous for your body, because it is the major reason for Atherosclerosis, which is the formation of a plaque in the arteries, blocking the proper flow of the blood. We present you some food you can eat to cleanse your arteries.
- Legumes: lentils, kidney beans, lima beans, are some of them. Eat them 3-4 times a week and they can remove the excess LDL cholesterol from your system.
- Fruits: we all know how healthy fruits are. As they have soluble fiber, they can help you a lot with your heart. Apples, bananas, pears, prunes and oranges have LDL-cholesterol lowering properties.
- Vegetables: along with fruits, they are very healthy. They contain plant sterol in their stems, similar to soluble fiber, good for removing harmful LDL cholesterol. Sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots are very good examples.
- Whole grains: improves your circulatory system. Try to eat six servings a week of whole grains like oat bran, rice bran and barley.
- Fish: omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation, major cause of plaque formation.
- Lean meat: like chicken or turkey.
- Low fat or fat free dairy: from skim milk to cottage cheese, you should have low fat or fat free milk.
- Nuts: they also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that keep your heart healthy.
- Oils: olive oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil are examples of good oils that help raise HDL or good cholesterol.
- Beverages: water is very important for your body in many ways, but you can also have black tea or red wine that contain flavonoids, which help protect arteries from any damage.
There you have it. These foods may prevent, and help cleanse, arteries so you can avoid any heart disease. Try to eat them regularly, combining them in your healthy diet.