In these times we are living, it is not easy to keep sane and calm. And precisely when we present signs of exhaustion, we don’t realize we have them and probably it will be too late when we do. Check them out and prevent a collapse.
This global pandemic and lockdown have been testing our mental health, and we have to find ways to stay mentally healthy. Sometimes, we are on the verge of collapse but we usually have signs before a breakdown that we don’t see. So, what we recommend is that we keep checking ourselves consciously and pay attention to these signs that indicate exhaustion.
1. Losing patience: It’s normal to be a little inpatient from time to time, but if you find your patience is wearing thin and you’re being short with your family or colleagues, then you might be mentally exhausted.
3. You irritate easily: If you’re annoyed by the little things, that don’t usually bother you, that’s not a good sign.
4. Anxiety or panic attacks: this is a warning sing that your mental health needs attention ASAP.
5. No motivation.
6. Indigestion and stomach problems.
7. Cry out of nothing.
8. Detachment: If you feel like you’re losing your grip on reality, that might be a sign you are mentally and emotionally drained.
How to work on this issue:
1. Full night sleep.
2. Build routines.
3. One task at a time.
4. Regular breaks.
6. Good and healthy eating.
7. Let go of things that don’t matter.
8. Before going to bed, make a schedule.
10. Monitor your self-talk.
It is very important to stay mentally healthy during this lockdown, because the situation is stressful already. Then, try to keep an eye on yourself and see if you see any of these signs.