We've always been told that ice cream is bad because it makes us fat, takes away the hunger of children, affects the throat, causes cavities, etc.
In fact, if we observe its composition, it does not get as fat as we thought, of course if we abuse it, we will get fat. If we consume it with moderation, it will only bring us benefits.
Some benefits of the consumption of the ice cream:
- It provides us with a great amount of calcium since its main ingredient is milk
- Helps strengthen bones
- The ones made in a traditional way have only 6% of fat
- They are not a source of empty calories, because they have protein and vitamins (from milk or yogurt), so they can be a very complete dessert or snack
- Ice cream has a euphoric effect (like chocolate)
- Diabetics and people who want to take care of their weight can consume light ice cream. They usually have non-caloric sweeteners so, in moderation, they can be consumed without problems.
It is not true that they are the cause of great colds, since they can be consumed at any time of the year. Because they provide a great amount of vitamins, proteins, calcium and few fats, they can be a good food for sick or elderly people with little appetite.
Having an ice cream once in a while will not do us any harm, on the contrary, it will bring us many benefits for our health, such as energy, calcium, vitamins, and it improves our mood, besides how tasty it is, what else can we ask for?