Lemon is a very popular acidic fruit in world gastronomy, and very consumed in drinks. But this little citrus friend also brings multiple health benefits.
It is native to Southeast Asia, but its production has spread to all tropical and temperate areas of the planet. The main producer country is Mexico, followed by India. Spain is the largest exporter of this fruit.
Some important properties of lemon are:
- It is diuretic, because of its high content of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Purifies the blood. Its antioxidants help clean the arteries and blood.
- Lower the fever. When consumed with hot water it helps reduce fever and fight the flu. It also intervenes in the regulation of body temperature and in the increase of the defenses.
- It fights blood pressure, due to its high potassium content.
- It works to relieve infections in the throat. It has antibiotic and antiviral properties.
- Due to its high content of Vitamin C and its antibiotic and antiviral properties, it strengthens the immune system and contributes to respiratory health.
- It helps regulate the pH of the body, which helps avoid different types of stomach conditions, such as bloating, constipation, indigestion, parasites, nausea and heartburn.
- Removes body fat, toxic substances from the body and gives a feeling of satiety, which helps to lose weight.
- You can reduce toothache when applied directly to the affected area. It can also help in teeth whitening and in the fight against bad breath.
- Its daily consumption contributes to a healthier, younger and more radiant skin. It should be applied at night, because if it has contact with the sun it can produce spots on the skin.
- It is a great ally for cleaning hair and removing dandruff.