The human organism is composed mostly of water. 75% of the muscles, 90% of the brain, 22% of the bones and 83% of the blood are water. That is why we must be aware of the amount we consume daily.
Water is a fundamental element for life, in fact, all organs require this liquid to function and ensure good health.
Benefits of H2O
- It allows the elimination of toxins, which prevents disease and activates the metabolism, to get going and start the day.
- Contributes to the release of waste through urine. Throughout the night, the body repairs cells and cleanses internally. Therefore, drinking water on an empty stomach releases waste.
- It minimizes the harmful effects of substances such as alcohol, tobacco, pollution and junk food, among others.
- Drinking two glasses of water on an empty stomach helps to maintain the elasticity and tone of the skin. This means that it helps prevent premature wrinkles.
- It protects and moisturizes the organs that are vital for your health and good functioning.
- Drinking two to three glasses on an empty stomach helps you lose weight. Hydration is directly linked to the burning of calories. It reduces the sensation of hunger, avoiding weight gain from overeating.
- It helps maintain the lymphatic system and intestinal transit.
- Drinking a glass of hot water on an empty stomach eliminates feelings of sleep and tiredness.
- Combats and prevents constipation.
- Drinking three glasses of water on an empty stomach reduces the level of acidity in the stomach.
Drinking water in the morning is a good habit to keep in mind. Its consumption should be moderate, since the benefits will not be so great if you drink a lot of water at once.
To consume water on an empty stomach and in the morning, the following recommendations should be followed:
- If you wish to consume 2 liters of water or 4 glasses of water, it is recommended to divide that amount for 4 different hours. You can start by drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach. Then another one after breakfast. Finally, the two remaining glasses after lunch.
- Start by drinking small amounts
- Check that the water you drink is of good quality.
- Add a little lemon juice to the water if you want to give it flavor.
A glass of cold water on an empty stomach
Once again, water is our best ally when it comes to losing weight. Besides hydrating us, satiating us and encouraging us to burn fat, it also helps to speed up our metabolism. A glass of cold water on an empty stomach is the first healthy tip to keep in mind during the first hours of the day.
First thing in the morning, our body has gone many hours without food. If we drink a glass of water when we wake up, we will activate our body to start burning calories as soon as possible, and at the same time it will purify our body of toxins.
If the water is also cold, it will promote the acceleration of the metabolism since our body will be forced to regulate the temperature of the water, so we will burn more calories during this process. A glass of water on an empty stomach does not mean that breakfast should be skipped. It is the most important meal of the day, since it will give us the necessary energy to face the day, having many hours of activity in which we will burn the consumed calories.
In addition, drinking water before eating will take away the feeling of hunger by making us feel full. Experts recommend drinking up to two liters a day. It improves the skin, moisturizes, favors the elimination of fat and, in addition, accelerates your metabolism giving long term results.
If we get used to following these healthy 'tips', with physical exercise, the results will be more visible than with any type of diet.