Thyroid is the main gland of the endocrine system, controlled by the hypothalamus and the hypophysis, that means in charge of regulating hormones in the body. If you have problems with this gland, you should avoid eating this.
In matters of healthy life, thyroid is definitely is a important part of the body, as it regulates functions like metabolism, body temperature, and the correct functions of some body organs like the brain or the heart.
If you have any problems with this gland, you should definitely visit the doctor and have a treatment, but also you have to eat healthy and avoid the following foods to prevent further problems:
1. Broccoli: digesting this vegetable can block the ability of this gland to absorb iodine.
2. Soy: it contains fitoestrogens.
3. Sugar: consuming it may increase chance of obesity, so we recommend not to have it.
4. Gluten: it irritates small intestine and doesn’t help with the absorption of medicines that replace thyroid hormone.
5. Fiber: it may be harmful for the digestive system and the intestinal flora.
It is better that you consume these if you have problems with this gland:
⦁ Garlic: rich in iodine.
⦁ Nuts: controls the production of the thyroid hormone.
⦁ Seaweed: also rich in iodine.
⦁ Fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you are having problems with thyroid, besides going to the doctor and have a proper treatment, try as much as possible not to make it worst, by taking these advises in consideration, having a healthy lifestyle and eating well. To be healthy is very important.