Split ends are something that can happen to us at some point from neglecting our hair. As a result, it will look dull, unhealthy, and may even appear burned. Natural products and remedies tend to be more effective and less aggressive in ending dry and damaged hair, keeping it healthier.
The causes for which our hair can suffer deep damage are wind, rain, the effects of the sun, swimming pools, seawater, dyes, too aggressive brushing, discolorations. Thus, depending on the type of damage, there are special treatments that can be very useful to help prevent and repair damage to your hair and unsightly split ends. Hair hydration is essential for all hair types. This is so because the cuticle or outer part of the hair shaft is the one that needs the most care and the one that is exposed to attacks from the environment.
Avoid the use of chemicals, especially dyes, and if you do, choose brands with fewer chemicals, without ammonia, and with ingredients that promote the health of your hair. Irons, blow dryers, and other sources of heat weaken the hair and make it brittle.
Natural remedies for split ends
Egg: It is one of the best hydrating and repairing hair thanks to its minerals and vitamins.
To apply it, beat an egg yolk with a tablespoon of water, then mix with the whipped white and gently massage the entire scalp from root to tip. Remove the mixture with plenty of cold water. You can repeat this treatment up to twice a week.
Honey: This ingredient is one of the best known to deeply nourish the hair.
To do this, mix curd with honey and apply it to the hair leather and all the hair as if it were a mask. Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with plenty of water.
Papaya: This fruit has many health benefits, such as caring for and nourishing our hair, as it is rich in vitamins and natural oils.
The way to prepare it is to take the pulp of half a papaya, mash it with a fork until you get a paste, and mix it with half a cup of yogurt. Apply the mixture on the hair and leave it to act for half an hour, to rinse afterward as usual.
TIP: To repair split ends choose a shampoo that is designed to repair and remove damaged hair. Then apply a conditioner enriched with ceramides and amino acids. These penetrate deeply to reinforce the internal structure of the hair fiber. Also, to hide split ends, it is best to use styling creams, serums, creams and oils indicated for dry hair.
Tips to avoid split ends
- For hair hydration, one of the most important things you should do is drink plenty of water every day.
- Avoid brushing with wide combs to detangle the hair, you can even do it in the shower with the conditioner on. Start brushing at the ends and work your way up to the roots.
- Do not rub the hair with the towel after washing or you will damage the fiber from friction. Hair is weaker when wet, so it is best to remove excess water with a rolled towel.
- Do not constantly change color, very strong coloring treatments weaken the hair.
- It is advisable to cut the hair a little before doing a cream or nutrition bath on damaged hair. Otherwise, you will not absorb the full benefits of the treatment. What the experts advise is to cut a few centimeters every three months.