Due to the properties of natural essential oils, they are used in different therapeutic branches, from aromatherapy to regenerative cosmetics, through their implementation as antiseptics, anti-inflammatories, and antibiotics.
Essential oils are liquid extracts from plants. They are called "essential" because they have the essence of the plant. They are also called essential because they are nutritionally required by the body. Essential oils are also generally used as aromatherapy and as natural medicine.
Properties of aromatic essences
- Rosemary. It activates blood circulation, relieves muscular and rheumatic pain, it is also digestive.
- Chamomile. It has soothing, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, digestive properties.
- Eucalyptus. Cleanses the respiratory system, is expectorant, relieves asthma, bronchitis, colds, sinusitis.
- Ginger. Helps control migraine headaches, back pain, and discomfort caused by sprains and bruises.
- Jasmine. It is an analgesic, relieves melancholy, negative feelings of rejection, panic, fear, depression.
- Juniper. Detoxifies the liver and kidneys. It has diuretic properties, fights arthritis and joint pain.
- Lavender. Fight stress, insomnia, nervous tension, migraine, pain and makes bruises disappear sooner. It is used against burns and insect bites. It is digestive and activates the immune system.
- Tangerine. Relieves colic, diarrhea, bad mood, irritability.
- Rose. It is a cellular regenerator, it helps to soften the feelings of, panic, anxiety, impatience and sadness.
- Thyme. Perfect for fighting colds, physical exhaustion and is a good antivirus.
- Grapefruit. It is relaxing, diuretic, and helps fight fatigue.
- Sweet orange. Refreshing, stimulating, digestive.
- Lemon. Increases the body's defenses against flu, colds, and bacterial contamination. Stimulates memory.
- Tea tree. Antiseptic, healing, fungicidal, and germicidal. Indicated against ringworm, fever, toothache, earache, psoriasis, chilblains, heat, boil, herpes and acne treatment.
Main benefits of essential oils
Each essential oil stands out for its particular properties, but some share most of them. Among these properties of pure essential oils, we could highlight that many of them have antibiotic principles, such as tea tree and lavender, cell regenerators, antivirals and antiseptics.
- Relieves migraine
Lavender oil is generally used as an anxiolytic or tranquilizer medicine. It acts as a sedative, antihypertensive, antispasmodic, antimicrobial, and analgesic.
- Eliminate cough
Several syrups and cough drops have eucalyptus oil. They can also cure pharyngitis, bronchitis, and sinusitis. Thanks to its immune effects that influence the body's ability to eliminate bacteria.
- Heal burns
Several of the essential oils have been used for several years as remedies for minor burns. Among these, we find eucalyptus oil, which can heal wounds and burns; in addition to healing properties.
- Heal wounds
The best essential oils for healing wounds are myrrh, which disinfects wounds and stops bleeding. The tea tree, which reduces infection and bacteria in it, in addition to relieving pain.
- As an antispasmodic
Peppermint essential oil reduces stomach spasms and also calms the pain that they cause. Others that also have antispasmodic properties are ginger, lavender, and chamomile.
How to use essential oils
Being concentrated, these essential oils can be applied directly to the skin previously diluted in vegetable oil, such as grape, sesame, or almond seeds. Some of them are contraindicated for pregnant women and children. The ideal is to choose products of good origin and follow the instructions for their use.
These essential oil mixtures can be applied in many ways, but the most effective is to use diffusers in which through smell we inhale the aroma of these essential oils.