Collagen supplements have become popular in recent years. Most are hydrolyzed, which means that the collagen has been broken down to facilitating its absorption.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, it is the main component of the connective tissues that make up various parts of the body, including tendons, ligaments, skin and muscles.
Collagen is found naturally in the human body but over the years its production decreases, therefore it must be consumed.
Can be consume through supplements such as tablets or with intake foods rich in this protein.
What is collagen for?
1. Rejuvenation: collagen offers flexibility to the body's tissues, causing the skin to become elastic and reduce wrinkles.
2. It has vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, so it keeps the skin young and moisturized.
3. Relieves joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Benefits on hair and nails because it helps the hair fibers grow stronger and the nails become stronger.
5. Benefits on the cardiovascular system
Taking collagen has been associated with a number of health benefits and very few known risks.