Is it possible to wax sustainably and at home? The answer is yes! Although it may seem difficult to believe. Chemical hair removal products mostly use an ingredient called calcium thioglycollate to remove hair. This chemical can irritate the skin and it doesn't smell very good either. Fortunately, you don't need to stop waxing to prevent these chemicals from coming into contact with your skin.
Hair removal, or the act of removing hair from the body, has long shaped gender dynamics, giving the meaning of a "feminine" woman. Although perceptions of this concept are slowly changing, experts assure that the removal of body hair is one of the aesthetic practices that went from being a beauty routine to a hygiene routine, which in addition to making women feel “cleaner, it helps to be sure of itself ”.
This routine is not usually the most pleasant. Some women do not tolerate the smell of depilatory creams, others are very vulnerable to pain or even allergic. To facilitate this "beauty ritual", we teach you and share with you this natural recipe that will help you eliminate those "shameful little hairs".
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of water
- Pour all the ingredients into a container.
- Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves, as if you were making a caramel.
- The exact point will be when putting a little of this preparation in cold water will form a ball. You must leave the mixture warm to avoid burns.
- After taking a shower, the pores are open, so it is advisable to apply it with clean skin.
- If the day before you do a gentle exfoliation, much better.
- In the direction of hair growth, apply and spread the depilatory cream on the skin.
- Leave a few seconds and remove, pulling with your fingers in the opposite direction to the direction of the hair.
- It is normal that after waxing, the skin is irritated a little, then it returns to its natural tone. That is why you should apply an aloe vera cream, or the natural aloe from the plant to hydrate the skin.
It is preferable that the layer of cream applied is thick enough since if the layer of sugar is very thin, you will not be able to remove it easily. It has to be a thick layer that allows you to take it with your fingers. The remnants of the mixture can be easily removed with water since the homemade cream does not adhere completely to the skin.