According to the World Health Organization, mental health "is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not just the absence of illness or disease".
Many people focus only on body care, with exercise and healthy diets, which is not bad, but mind health is important too. Having good humor and feeling calm, helps the best development in all aspects of life.
Believing that only people with mental disorders are those suffering from depression, phobias or anxiety is a myth. These conditions are far more common than people think.
For this reason, we want to share with you six mental health tips:
- Learn how to communicate your feelings. Not doing so can cause anxiety.
- Exercise 30 minutes a day. In this way you release natural hormones associated with pleasure and you will feel better.
- Count to 10 or 20 slowly in a stressful situation, so you avoid impulsive actions that you may later regret.
- When you’re in difficult situations, go to family and friends. Don’t isolate yourself, it will overload you.
- Try to see problems from different perspectives. Just as there are negative sides, there are also positive ones. Look for balance.
- Take concrete actions daily to help you achieve your goals.
Take care of your mind, body and spirit, in balance, and you will feel better every day.