Tomato is the edible fruit of the Solanum Lycopersicum, a plant popularly known as "tomato plant". It is native to America and is now grown all over the world. It is very popular in world gastronomy.
It is a food with a low caloric content, has about 18 kcal per 100 grams. In its composition, water represents 94%. It is followed by sugars (3%), which give it a slight sweet taste. It also contains fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Today we bring you ten properties of this delicious fruit:
- It reduces the risks of cerebral vascular accident and diminishes the effects of aging on the cerebral functions.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Helps expel toxins (diuretic effect).
- Fights infections.
- Strengthens the immune system and promotes disease prevention.
- Some scientific studies assure that the tomato helps prevent some types of cancer (pancreas, stomach, prostate and digestive).
- It is a great regulator of intestinal transit.
- It protects the skin from ultraviolet rays.
- Promotes rapid wound healing.
We love tomato! And we expect you to love it too!