They moisturize, are perfect allies to maintain weight, have anti-inflammatory properties and help fight stress. For this and much more it is recommended to include cucumbers in the daily diet.
Whoever thinks that cucumber is just water or that it is used exclusively to treat dark circles under the eyes, is wrong. This food has numerous natural benefits, which are worth taking advantage of. What's more, if it is included in the daily menu, there are many benefits.
Get to know them:
- By eating one cucumber a day, you can get a good amount of nutrients. Among the most important are the B-complex vitamins, which are perfect for promoting nerve impulse and cellular health. In addition, this vegetable provides the body with folic acid, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
- It also contains a flavonol. It is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant that promotes brain health, as well as better neuronal connectivity, as well as nerve impulse. In this way, it takes care of the memory and protects the nervous cells of the decline related to the age.
- Cucumber keeps the body "fresh". This gives an idea of what it does on an organic level. Thanks to the hydration it provides, it favors multiple internal processes by nourishing the cells. At the same time, the extract of this vegetable reduces pain and infections thanks to its action to inhibit the enzymes that are present in internal inflammation.
- The complex of B vitamins it provides is very effective in relaxing the nervous system and alleviating the impact of stress and anxiety. If you drink cucumber shakes with apple or cucumber water with lemon, you will get a natural resource very suitable for these states of stress.
- In addition, it is rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you eat every day cucumber salad with sesame seeds and apple cider vinegar, it will help your digestion.
- If you suffer from acid reflux, cucumber can become a natural medicine, since this vegetable reduces the acute peaks of acid reflux by improving the pH of the stomach. Also, its skin contains insoluble fiber, very suitable to fight constipation by improving intestinal transit.
- It helps to take care of your weight. Although this food is suitable for losing weight, it is necessary not to neglect the rest of the nutrients that a healthy diet provides.
- It also contains potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.
- If you feel exhausted, if after work you feel at the limit and with some tension headache, prepare some cucumber recipe. You can prepare a salad or a natural juice and this will help you recover.