There is a myth that chocolate makes you fat. What if we tell you how to cook it in a delicious and healthy dessert? You will get fewer calories and you will see that the myth is wrong. Simple, delicious and healthy chocolate cake.
Based on our idea of losing weight and maintaining a balanced carbohydrate diet, we have not abused sweets, among which chocolate stands out. What would you say if there is a scientific answer that says the opposite?
According to experts, eating dark chocolate does not fatten, but is associated with less fat in the body. It has a higher percentage of antioxidant flavonoids and its antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory effects improve cardiometabolic health. Of course, you always have to control the amount you ingest.
On this occasion, we will make a cake with oatmeal and almonds, based on chocolate.
- 1 cup of gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg + 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure cocoa powder
- 50 gr of 70% cocoa chocolate
- 1/2 cup of vegetable milk or S / L
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Greek or plain low-fat yogurt S / L
- Sweetener to taste
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients and reserve.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or water bath and mix it with the wet ingredients, except the whites.
- With the help of a mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually mix dry to wet ingredients, and stir until all are integrated.
- Add to the beaten whites to snow with soft and enveloping movements, taking care not to lower them.
- Pour the mixture into the desired mold, and take to the previously preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 min.
- Decorate to your liking. I use 70% cocoa chocolate.