Dessert ready in minutes: prepare this delicious sundae with salted caramel sauce You may be wondering how a salted caramel sauce is possible. Very simple. You will get this explosive combination of flavor in minutes for a delicious sundae.
If you have always been more salty than sweet, this recipe will delight you. Homemade salted caramel sauce is an exception to the rule: full of flavor, which goes well with other recipes such as cakes and ice creams, or simply, for those with a sweet tooth.
Salted caramel is a classic in French Brittany where it was used to make caramels. It is prepared in just a few minutes and can last you months well stored in a jar inside the cupboard. Here we will add it to you in a delicious sundae.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 200 grs Sugar
- 115 g butter diced
- 120 ml liquid whipping cream (whipping cream) -
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence dessert
- 1 tablespoon dessert Sea salt flakes
- 50 grs Milk or dark chocolate (optional)
- 10 pretzel crackers (optional)
- 8 or 12 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- We put the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it begins to melt, stir until it turns tan. Then we add the butter and, without removing it from the heat. We stir again for a few minutes until the butter has completely integrated with the caramel. At first it will give you the feeling that they have not just mixed, but continue until it becomes creamy.
- We separate the caramel cream from the fire and add the cream, the vanilla essence and the sea salt flakes. We mix everything again and let it cool down.
- This step is optional. We melt the chocolate in a water bath (you know, putting a small saucepan with a little water and, inside this, another smaller saucepan with the chocolate). Once the chocolate is melted, we bathe the cookies, drain the remaining chocolate, and deposit them on a piece of baking paper. Once we have them all, we let them cool completely. You can keep them in the fridge.
- It only remains to serve the ice cream balls in cups (I did it in cookie and chocolate tulips) and bathe them with the caramel sauce and the chopped cookies. You can reserve a few whole cookies for garnish. You can also put a little sauce in the bottom of the glass.