Is it possible to fry butter? Well, in the United States they found the way and, although it is a hypercaloric dessert, it is a boom in the world of confectionery.
When we thought that we had seen everything, or almost everything, a sweet dish in the United States surprised us again.
It's about fried butter. Yes, as you read, it's a stick of butter pasted for frying and then topped with more butter melted on the outside.
It is a dessert that to some will seem disgusting, or too greasy, but it is a delight for the people of the United States.
Born in Iowa to celebrate the 100th anniversary of cow's butter, it has become so popular that it is now sold in almost every market in this North American country.
To prepare the fried butter, you will need:
- A stick of butter per person
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Half a cup of wheat flour
- Cinnamon to taste
- Half a cup of honey
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the butter (which we recommend you reserve in the freezer), until you achieve a dough that is liquid enough to bathe your stick of butter.
- Then dip the stick of butter and direct to the fryer, until golden. Remember that you should not overcook it, because the butter will melt.
- You can melt more butter to coat your skewers and then sprinkle with sugar.