Although it seems just a Christmas dish, it is delicious and easy to cook all year round. You will only need a few minutes of your time and you will have dinner ready.
Eating does not have to be monotonous or time consuming. So here we are going to prepare this recipe for tomatoes stuffed with tuna.
They are very easy to make and delicious, perfect to get out of trouble and accompany them with a green leafy salad and put them on the table so that your children, your partner, your parents or friends enjoy this meal. You can vary its filling. Here we will make them with tuna and carrots.
- 2 cans of tuna in water or natural
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 large cup of white or brown rice
- Mayonnaise c / n
- Green olives c / n
- Peas or capers c / n
- 2 carrots
- Salt c / n
Step by Step:
- Put plenty of water in a pot and bring to the fire. When it breaks boil pour the rice. Stir with a wooden spoon so that it does not stick and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. Remove, drain immediately and reserve in the fridge.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small cubes. Cook in a saucepan with water until softened. Drain and place in a container.
- Add the rice, the two drained cans of tuna, the cooked peas or capers, and the mayonnaise to taste.
- Mix everything very well and salt to taste.
- Wash the tomatoes well and remove the inside with the help of a knife and a spoon.
- If you want to take advantage of what you have taken from the tomato, cut it into small cubes and mix it with the rice or reserve it for another recipe.
- Fill the tomatoes with the rice and the tuna. Decorate with a little mayonnaise in the center and a green olive.
- Serve on a mattress of lettuce for a better presentation.