How to make a new and healthier mayonnaise? Prepare it without egg. It's easy, delicious, and even healthier than the original version. Learn how to make it here.
Mayonnaise is made with lots of eggs. This version is called lactonese, and is suitable for people allergic to eggs. It is not your only benefit.
This egg-free mayonnaise lasts longer in the fridge and also, we will avoid the risk of salmonellosis. What is used in replacement of the egg? You will only need milk. It is as simple to make as traditional mayonnaise.
- 1 glass of oil (olive or sunflower, to taste)
- 1/2 glass of milk (half of oil volume)
- A dash of lemon or vinegar
- Put the milk in a glass first and on top add the oil, without removing both ingredients so that it does not cut.
- Put the mixer carefully to the bottom and mix. Leave it in the background for about 10 seconds, until you hear the sound change
- Slowly raise the mixer little by little, without stopping at full power at any time. The homemade eggless mayonnaise will gradually emulsify.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, raise the mixer without fear, up and down, until it finishes thickening.
- Add a pinch of salt and a dash of vinegar or lemon. Mix it well and it's finished.
With the indicated amounts, you will have a homemade mayonnaise without egg of a medium consistency. If you want it more liquefied, just add a little more milk. If you want it thicker, a little more oil.