Learn how to prepare your own pesto to give your meals a different and fun twist!
This traditional italian sauce HAS to be a part of your pantry!
WHAT CAN YOU EAT TO ACCOMPANY THE PESTO?
You can dress salads, pastas, pizzas or even use it a a topping for your beef or chicken. It's a very versatile sauce that than go with almost everything!
- 3 cups of fresh, washed and drained basil.
- 1 cleaned garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of peeled pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup of grated roman cheese
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until you get a paste. If it's too thick, add more olive oil.
- Taste the salt and add more if needed.