Online romantic scammers are a very real danger and lurk on any social network or email platform.
The old saying goes: "Think well and you will be right." And in the 2.0 world, especially in dating platforms or a little more open social networks such as Facebook, it is good advice to take into account, protect yourself and be very careful.
Online romance scammers or scammers are a very real danger and lurk on any social network or email platform.
The first thing you have to know is that if you were a victim of any of these online scammers, it is not your fault, often loneliness and the need for affection, lead us to look for it in the wrong places, and the Internet is a very dangerous one, where these types of scams abound.
Also, if you do not have experience in this Internet dating, it is better that, at the request of any stranger, or a message a little sudden, you go very carefully, if you decide to answer it.
This article is not intended to judge anyone, on the contrary, it is an investigation into the characteristics of this type of online criminal, who, at the end of the day, are very clear about their objectives: Get money from you.
So, if you are going to venture into this virtual dating app or have decided to respond to this handsome boy who has contacted your inbox without warning, be very careful, it can be a trap!
Characteristics of romance scammers
Some of the characteristics of romance scammers can be very obvious, but many do not notice them with the naked eye until it is too late.
- Incredibly good looking
- The photos of their profiles seem to have been uploaded all the same day, or on very recent days.
- His followers have strange characteristics like names in Arabic or other languages that are not typical of this part of the globe.
- They declare being in love with you within a few hours of meeting you.
- They will always ask what you do, what brand of cell phone you use and how much you earn per month.
- Her personal stories always revolve around tragedies, the most common of all being widowed military or international contractors, run by one or more children. Generally, their partners died in traffic accidents.
- Pay close attention to this, because sooner or later they will use it to cause pity and ask for the money they need.
- If they communicate in English, you will notice that to be American, they speak it very badly and have idioms like "beautiful" "Im" "gorgeous" or others.
- They won't take long to ask you for money.
- They will always try to remove you from the original site where you met them and isolate you to more private platforms like WhatsApp.
- Active military or medical or contractors do not have time in their professional field to send messages of love.
- The simplest trick is to take some of the alleged photographs that have been sent to you and place them in Google's reverse image search system. Most of the time you will find that they belong to someone else's profile, surely very followed on the networks and that they have no idea that their photos or videos have been stolen.
- If unfortunately you already have it on WhatsApp, try to make a video call with him or her, you will see how he refuses and always has some silly excuse up his sleeve.
- Force him to send you a voice note, you will notice how his accent is not even close to the country where they say they belong.
- If he says he is a military man or an oil contractor, look for information about the country where he claims to be prominent and, once you have true information, set him up to discover it.
- At the end of the day, there is nothing we can tell you to protect you from this kind of organized crime online. The best way to avoid a bad experience is not to talk to strangers on the Internet, and above all, never trust them with information about your personal life, much less give you your bank information.