Know the correct way to make the meat last longer.
In this post, we will tell you how to preserve cooked meat correctly without spoiling it. Pay attention.
Information that will help you to preserve meat correctly without spoiling it:
- 1.- Cooling is the fundamental part to prevent meat from spoiling. Cooking must be at a suitable temperature so that the formation of bacteria is not possible. It must be kept away from risky temperatures (4ºC and 60ºC). This is when it is already prepared and you do not consume it immediately.
- 2.- Lower the temperature of the cooked meat to 21ºC in a time not exceeding 2 hours. If the food does not reach 21ºC in 2 hours, discard or reheat it to 74ºC and then cool again.
- 3.- Another way to avoid damaging the meat is to lower the temperature to 4ºC in less than 4 hours in the refrigerator. To make this process easier, divide the amount of meat you are going to save. Separate the meat portions equally and store in airtight bags where nothing can escape.
- 4.- Remember that these foods should be placed away from raw foods avoiding cross contamination.
- 5.- Store in the refrigerator and keep the temperature of the refrigerator at 4ºC or less. Another way to preserve cooked meat is to freeze it, so you can keep it in good condition for 2 or 3 months.
Now you know these tips to preserve cooked meat and not let it spoil.