Who needs bread when all the flavor is on the inside? Prepare this low-carb recipe and enjoy an incredible burger.
Preparing a healthy hamburger is easier and faster than you think, in 15 minutes you will have your plate ready. The crunchiness of the lettuce combines perfectly with the flavor of the sauce to be prepared, the meat will be juicy and soft and the melted cheese is the star of the flavor. You can add more ingredients for the filling if you wish. Don't worry about the carbs, enjoy your not so cheat-meal day without guilt.
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
FOR THE BURGER
- 1 lb of ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 slices American cheese
- 12 butterhead lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yellow mustard, ketchup, pickle relish, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
- Make burgers: Form ground beef into 4 patties; season both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add patties and cook until burgers are seared on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip burgers and cook until cooked through to your liking, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking so that it melts.
- Place cheeseburgers on top of 2 large lettuce leaves each and drizzle with special sauce.
- Top each burger with a slice of tomato and another piece of lettuce.