Are you looking for an easy, delicious and healthy recipe? This is for you!
Zucchini Cups are the healthiest way to prepare breakfast cupcakes, their vegetable base added to the protein from eggs is a nutritious breakfast for energy to start the day. Also, the flavor of the zucchini with the melted cheese is incredible.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 2 zucchini, peeled into strips
- 1/4 lb of ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 cup of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. Line the inside and bottom of the muffin tin with zucchini strips, to form a crust.
- Sprinkle ham and cherry tomatoes inside each crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, oregano, and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over ham and tomatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until eggs are set.