Sometimes you are in a low level of energy and you need a boost in your body. With these easy-to-prepare energy bites you will have that boost.
These energy bites not only will give you a boost but also benefits, as it has Omega 3. Among its properties you will find: good for your brain, heart and immune system. And no sugar on them, as dates will sweeten these delicious brownie bites. Boost your energy and enjoy!
No Bake Omega 3 Mint Brownie Energy Bites
- 1 cup (4 ounces) raw walnut halves
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place walnuts and dates into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until walnuts and dates come together well. Walnuts should be slightly chunky.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: cocoa powder, vanilla extract, mint extract and salt. Pulse until a dough forms. The dough texture should be thick and clumpy, and possibly come together into a ball. If it isn't, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to grab 1 tablespoon of mixture and then roll into a ball. Place onto a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the mixture is gone. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to allow balls to chill and harden a bit.
- After balls are done chilling, transfer to an airtight container or reusable bag and store in fridge for 1 week or in freezer for up to 3 months.