Learn how to make homemade sushi easier and more delicious with this rice roll recipe filled with surimi, cream cheese and vegetables.
This sushi roll will look like the one at your favorite restaurant and of course, we also show you how to prepare the 'chiles toreados' with soy sauce that gives it the spicy touch. If you are a sushi lover you have to try to make this roll, which is also an ideal option for children. What other ingredients do you want to fill it with?
- 1 1/2 cups of sushi rice
- Enough water, cold to rinse the rice
- 3 cups of water, hot for cooking the rice
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 nori algae
- 1 cup cream cheese, in sticks for filling
- 1 cup cucumber, in sticks, without skin for the filling
- 1 cup of carrots, in sticks, without peel for the filling
- 1 1/2 cups of surimi, in sticks for filling
- 1 cup of flour, for breading
- 2 eggs, to bread
- 2 cups of panko, to bread
- Vegetable oil
- Cucumber in thin strips for decoration
- Sesame garapiñado for decoration
- Soy with Serrano chili to accompany
Soak the rice in cold water for 5 minutes, drain and repeat three times. In a small pot with a lid, cook the rice with 3 cups of hot water for 10 minutes, over low heat. Remove from heat. Spread out on a tray and cool for 15 minutes.
Mix the rice vinegar with the sugar and salt. Then pour it over the cold rice and incorporate it. Rest for a few minutes.
Assemble the sushi roll: on a bamboo mat with plastic wrap, place a piece of Nori seaweed. With your wet hands, cover with rice, turn over and fill with the sticks of cream cheese, cucumber, carrot and surimi. Close with the help of the mat and shape it when you squeeze it. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
To bread the roll, cover it with the flour, pass it through the egg and breadcrumb. Fry in hot vegetable oil. Drain.
Cut the roll in slices of 1 centimeter wide. Put it in an extended plate, accompany it with cucumber and decorate it with sesame. Enjoy with soy sauce and serrano chili.
Refrigerate the roll before breading, that will help keep the shape.