Prepare a cake with cookie and nut, but give it a twist of flavor and texture with this fluffy and creamy yogurt mousse, covered with an orange jelly.
This cake recipe will be a sensation with the people who share it, because it is decorated with natural fruit, so it will be a refreshing dessert for hot seasons.
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts, for the cookie base
- 1 cup of vanilla cookie, for the cookie base
- 1 cup butter, melted, for cookie base
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest, for the cookie base
- 1/2 liter of whipping cream for the yogurt mousse
- 1 cup of natural yogurt, 250 ml, for the yogurt mousse
- 1 sachet of yoghurt gelatine, 120 g, for the yoghurt mousse
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest, for the yogurt mousse
- 1/2 liter of water, for the orange gelatine
- 1 envelope of orange-flavored gelatin, for the orange gelatin
- Green grapes cut in half, for decoration
- 1 orange, to make twist, to decorate
- Quinoa, inflated, for decoration
- Mint, for decoration
For the cookie base, liquefy the cookies and the nut. Mix in a bowl the ground cookies, the melted butter and the orange peel until it forms a homogeneous dough.
Place on a cake base, press to compact. Freeze for 1 hour. Unmold and set aside.
For the yogurt mousse, heat the whipping cream, add yogurt gelatin and mix until incorporated. Cool and beat until it doubles in size. Add the natural yogurt and orange zest until it is homogeneously mixed.
Pour the previous mixture over the base of the cake until it reaches half the capacity. Refrigerate until it sets. For the orange gelatin, heat the water and dissolve orange-flavored gelatin until incorporated. Leave to cool and set aside.
Pour over the yogurt mousse until it reaches ¾ parts of the cake's capacity, refrigerate until it sets. Decorate with grapes, orange twist, mint and inflated quinoa. Cut a slice and enjoy.
Served on an extended plate, decorated with grapes and orange twist.
Be careful not to burn the whipping cream when heating it. If necessary, cool the yogurt mousse before whipping.