This is not going to be your regular rice. You are preparing it out of cauliflower. Yes. Rice from a vegetable. Great for you diet plan. Take a look!
Usually, this side dish is just rice. Carbs affecting your plan of losing weight or eating healthy. So, we sadly avoid this delicious food. But today, we brought you a way of preparing a rice out of a cauliflower. Continue reading and try it.
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Rinse your cauliflower. Slice it in half down the middle, then slice each half again along the stem. Hold the quarter of a cauliflower upright and slice off the stem; this should separate the florets. Chop them roughly into 1 or 2 inch pieces.
- Place half or 1/3 of the cauliflower (depending on how big it is) into a food processor with the blade attachment. Pulse in one-second intervals until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of grains of rice, more or less. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When it is hot, add all the cauliflower, and stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
- While it cooks, season with cumin, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, salt and pepper. None of these measurements or even the spices themselves are hard and fast--go with what sounds good to you.
- Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro to taste.
- Serve with your favorite curry, grilled chicken, lamb, beef, pork, etc.