Nothing like a vegan dish for a healthy meal. This delicious dish will make you ask for more, and it will bring more health to your body, and not only that, it is easy to make.
You can prepare this dish as a dinner meal. Turmeric has so many properties like anti-inflammatory and antioxidants, and coconut is packed with vitamins and minerals, and it is rich in fiber. So, this combination is great for your diet plan. It is also easy to prepare, it will only take 15 minutes.
Turmeric rice with coconut
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice washed & drained
- 1/2 tbsp oil or use water if oil-free
- 1 small/medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, minced (optional)
- 1 stalk of (65 g) leeks, chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric use 1 1/2 tsp if you don't use fresh
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 cup (240 ml) coconut milk, canned
- 2 3/4 cups (660 ml) vegetable broth
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Add brown rice to a bowl and cover with water. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes or until you have chopped the veggies. After that, drain it all.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and fry over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh ginger, garlic, leek, fresh turmeric, and all spices. Fry for a another minute.
- Add carrot. coconut milk, vegetable broth, and drained rice. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook on a low simmer for 45 minutes, then turn off the heat. Let sit for a further 5-10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more salt/black pepper/cayenne pepper to taste if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs, Vegan Parmesan Cheese, and enjoy! Serve with Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff or Stuffed Potato Cakes.