We bring you today a recipe for vegans, or any person who wants to try a healthy recipe. See how easy it is to prepare it and enjoy eating it!
Having a healthy diet has become trendy, and in a sort of way, fun. Because we try new recipes, new ingredients, new ways of garnishing. We search for all of these to keep our body healthy, and still enjoying tasty meals.
So, in order to keep you enjoying, we bring you a recipe to prepare zucchini boats stuffed with vegan ingredients. Bon appetite!
Vegan Zucchini Boats
2 medium zucchini
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil or water, if oil-free
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp hot sauce or more to taste
4-6 tbsp plant-based milk
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Sea salt, ground pepper, and chili powder to taste
Fresh herbs to garnish
1 batch vegan cheese sauce or 7 oz (200 g) store-bought vegan cheese
- Cut the zucchini in half (lengthwise) and scoop out about 2/3 of the flesh leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick border around the skin.
- Chop the scooped out zucchini with a large knife and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, zucchini flesh, all spices, soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato paste, hot sauce, and plant-based milk. Put a lid on the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegan cheese sauce or use store-bought vegan cheese.
- At the same time, preheat oven to 410°F (210°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chickpeas to the skillet and cook for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more salt/pepper/spices to taste.
- Stuff each zucchini half with the chickpea mixture.
- Add vegan cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!