This is going to be a delicious stir fry. With all ingredients that go with your diet. A vegan stir fry that has tofu. We invite you to try it.
Tofu is a great ingredient when we are on the way of a healthy lifestyle. There are many ways to cook it. Today, we have a great combination to put with it: broccoli. Get ready to see how easy it is to prepare it, and then enjoy eating it!
Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
- 8 oz package of cubed tofu
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 9 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- white rice, for serving
- Drain cubed tofu and pat dry
- Place tofu in a bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and toss to coat
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pan fry tofu for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy on all sides
- Make one batch of this stir fry sauce and shake to combine
- Add broccoli, ginger, garlic, green onions and sauce to the skillet and sauté for 10-15 minutes, or until broccoli is desired texture
- Serve alone or over rice
Making the Sauce
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari (use gluten free to make this sauce gf)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch to a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake to combine
- Be sure to use this stir fry sauce with fresh minced garlic and fresh minced ginger in your stir fry (cooked with your vegetables/protein). This is what will give it the "wow" factor.
- Once your stir fry is mostly cooked, add sauce and heat an additional 3 - 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.