Snacks are bad for health and diets as many people may think. But they couldn’t be more wrong. Yes, they are if not using healthy ingredients, as the ones we will show you here.
The snack we have today is a Besan Ka Halwa, completely gluten free. When you feel like having a dessert without remorse, prepare this spectacular dessert and continue your healthy lifestyle. We encourage you to try it and enjoy an exquisite dessert.
Besan Ka Halwa (gluten free)
- 1 ½ cups besan or chickpea flour
- ½ cup ghee
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups jaggery
- 1 ½ cups khoya or milk solids
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ cups chopped almonds and cashews
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add besan. Roast on low heat with a wooden spoon until the mixture turns a caramel brown.
- Heat milk in a saucepan and add the jaggery, khoya, cardamom and nuts. (Reserve a few nuts for garnishing later). Stir until the jaggery and khoya have dissolved in the milk.
- Pour the above milk mixture into the besan-ghee mixture. Stir on low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated and the halwa thickens.
- Take out the halwa in a platter and cut into diamonds or squares. Top with nuts.