This delicious creamy mushroom and spinach lasagna is a perfect recipe for meatless Mondays. It's also a healthy recipe because it has all the food groups we need in a complete meal, such as pasta, vegetables, cheese protein and cream fat.
Enjoy a creamy meatless lasagna at your next dinner. This pasta is a great option as part of a Christmas meal.
- 1/4 cups bacon, finely chopped, for stuffing
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped, for filling
- 1 cup white onion, sliced, for stuffing
- 3 cups of spinach, baby, for stuffing
- 2 cups white mushrooms, filleted, for stuffing
- 2 cups of portobello mushroom, chopped, for filling
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 teaspoons of butter, for the white sauce
- 3 tablespoons of flour, for the white sauce
- 1 cup of cow's milk, for the white sauce
- 1/2 cups of white wine, for the white sauce
- 1 cup of whipping cream, for the white sauce
- 1/2 cups of cream cheese, for the white sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, for the white sauce
- 1 pinch of salt, for the white sauce
- 1 pinch of white pepper, for the white sauce
- 1 pinch of nutmeg, for the white sauce
- Lasagna pasta
- 2 cups of manchego cheese, grated, for sauce and for gratin
- 1 portobello mushroom, cut into sheets, for decoration
Preheat the oven to 200° C.
Heat a deep frying pan over medium heat and cook the bacon until golden brown and release the fat, add the garlic, onion, spinach, mushrooms, portobello mushroom, season and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Heat a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter, add the flour and cook until it browns. Add the milk, the white wine and add the cream to beat together with the cream cheese and the parmesan cheese, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to your liking. Cook until the cheese is melted. Once it boils, remove from cooking and set aside.
Cook the lasagna sheets in boiling water with salt. Drain and set aside.
In a container for oven place the lasagna sheets, a little bit of sauce and filling. Repeat until the oven dish is full, finish with lasagna sheets, more white sauce and grated manchego cheese. Add portobello and thyme to decorate.
Grill in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.
Serve the lasagna with salad.
For the white sauce, cook the flour well with the butter so that it does not taste raw.