This recipe we bring today has lots of benefits for you that are a fit person. Check all the ingredients and enjoy all the properties, while having a tasty meal.
In today’s recipe we have a Shrimp and Calamari in Tomato-garlic Sauce. All great ingredients for a Paleo and mediterranean diet, and with benefits that will make you healthier. Here is a list of them:
- anti-inflammatory (thank you, Garlic!)
- anti-cancer (thank you, again little stinker!)
- high-protein (thanks to calamari and shrimp)
- antioxidant (thanks to Lycopene from the tomatoes)
Now, we show you how to prepare it:
Shrimp and Calamari in Tomato-garlic Sauce
- 250g/8oz shrimp (peeled)
- 1 calamari tube
- 3 tomatoes – cubed
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 10 leaves basil – chopped
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop tomatoes, clean and cut calamari in stripes.
- Wash and chop basil, clean shrimp.
- In a large non-stick skillet place chopped tomatoes and calamari and cover with a lid. Cook at medium high heat for 5 minutes, but be sure to look from time to time whether there is enough sauce in the pan. Depending on how much fluid the tomatoes have, the time can vary.
- After 5 minutes, uncover, add tomato paste, stir it in well, until you see the sauce thicken up.
- Add shrimp and garlic and stir. Let it to cook like this for 2-3 min.
- If the sauce gets too runny – add again more tomato paste. I had used around 2 tbsp.
- Then add basil, stir for 1 min. Turn off heat.
- Add olive oil and serve with whole grain bread.