Dried tomatoes are very easy to prepare and will last up to 6 months in the freezer so you can accompany many meals with their incredible flavor.
This dried tomatoes recipe is perfect to spice up any dish. Toss them into your fettuccine alfredo, slice them up and add to your Caesar salad or just pop them as a snack. You can accompany anything with these delicious dried tomatoes. They go very well with bruschettas with melted mozzarella cheese and a touch of olive oil. Try it!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano (optional)
- Freshly ground back pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes with oil and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay tomatoes cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Roast 4-4 hours 45 minutes, until fully dried out.