This recipe is a culinary classic for your palate. Keep reading and learn how to prepare it!
Onions are great for seasoning and this soup is absolutely flawless. Caramelized onion gives to it a sweet and delicious touch.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds of medium yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- Black pepper
- Sliced baguette, for topping
- Warm the oil on a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, the salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes until the onions are soft and crystal. Stir constantly.
- Put the heat back to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more until you get golden onions.
- Add the vinegar, tamari, the thyme leaves, the garlic and stir.
- Add the wine and cook until it's completely evaporated.
- Add the vegetables broth and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven over 450 F.
- Put the sliced baguette over a tray, cover them in parmesan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Sirve up the soup and cover all the plates with a toasted piece of bread.