Everyone needs to know how to make a classic broccoli bacon salad. It's so easy to make and tends to be a hit with most people. This recipe is the perfect option for potlucks!
This recipe is absurdly easy to make. It's my fresh, it has a delicious flavor and a pretty good smoky touch. It will leave you completely satisfied and has an ideal calorie balance for any diet. To make this healthy, just use low-fat mayonnaise and be careful with the sugar (you can use as little as you like to make the dressing to your liking). Healthy food doesn't have to be boring and this is the perfect example. The classic broccoli bacon salad is super healthy and completely customizable. Do you dare?
- 8 cups broccoli florets, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup salted sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and then crumbled into small pieces
Sweet Mayonnaise Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/3 cup white sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a medium-sized bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar until smooth. Stir into the salad ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and let the salad chill - Mary would let it chill overnight and then bring it to the potluck and it was spectacular!