This recipe is a classic of Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flavor and is so easy to prepare!
If you have to mention a vegetable that tastes delicious prepared in any way, that is the eggplant. Many traditional Italian recipes are made with eggplants but Eggplant Parm is undoubtedly the easiest and most exquisite there is, you use few ingredients and the quality is a guaranteed success. If you do not want to prepare them in the oven, you can mount the eggplants in parmesan in a pan and cook them over medium heat for about 20 minutes. The result will always be delicious, although the crunchiness of the surface will be lost.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cup of marinara
- 2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together panko, 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons of water and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip an eggplant slice into the egg wash, then dredge in panko mixture. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until soft inside, and golden and crisp on the outside.
- In a large baking dish, add a cup of marinara and spread evenly.
- Add an even layer of eggplant slices, then pour 1 1/2 cup of marinara on top.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella, half of the remaining Parmesan, and fresh basil. Repeat process once more to use up all ingredients.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes more until they are bubbly and golden.