Some afternoons we just want to have a coffee and eat something sweet with eat, enjoying the TV or talking to friends. This is a healthy coffee cake to go with your diet.
This vegan cake is perfect to enjoy with your family or friends in a cool evening or afternoon, with a coffee, or just watching a movie. As you are probably a fit person, this cake is perfect to go with your diet. Have fun!
For the cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 2 cups sugar white, brown, coconut, or sugar free subs * See notes
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons oil of choice vegetable, canola, etc.
- 2 cups almond milk
For the cinnamon sugar filling
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar can use brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
For the crumb topping
- 6 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon filling and set aside. In another bowl, make your crumble topping. Mix all the crumble ingredients together, until a coarse texture remains.
- Prepare the cake. In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients. Then mix in your wet ingredients until combined.
- Spread half the cake batter into the lined pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon filling all over the top. Carefully pour the other half of the cake batter on top. Evenly sprinkle the top with the crumble topping.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once a toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Let the cake cool completely. Once cool, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with water. Drizzle over the top.