You want to enjoy a healthy dinner, filled with proteins and low in carbs? Here you have this delicious recipe so you can keep your healthy way.
Dinners should be light, many people say. If we are enjoying a healthy lifestyle, this may be true. But sometimes we have some dinners that are not that light. This recipe we bring is one of those. But one thing is certain, it is healthy. Prepare this Grilled California Avocado Chicken for your dinner and go to bed without remorse.
GRILLED CALIFORNIA AVOCADO CHICKEN
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced (any tomato will work)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling optional
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately