It's impossible to eat one of these tahini cookies without going back for more. They're slightly sweet, chewy, and packed with a spicy, nutty flavor - the best part? without gluten!
These tahini cookies are soft and chewy, with a slightly sweet and spicy flavor. This recipe is very simple and extremely healthy. These cookies are vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened, and the pomegranates on top add a hint of antioxidants, it's quite a healthy bomb. These vegan tahini cookies are SO easy to make and only require a handful of ingredients. The ingredient that stands out is the Tahini, which binds the cookie dough and fills the cookies with a nutty, buttery flavor.
- ¾ cup of tahini
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of almond flour
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, and almond extract until smooth. Add the almond flour and sprinkle the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, baking powder, and salt evenly over the mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and use your hands to roll it into balls.
- Place them on the baking sheet and press down to flatten slightly. Sprinkle with pomegranates and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.