Forget to eat the traditional tortillas and take your food to another level.
With this recipe, prepare different, fun, delicious and healthy wraps!
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups of cooked black beans, drained, rinsed
- 6 to 8 large collard green leaves
- Chipotle sauce
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large beaking sheet, spread the sweet potato cubes onto the parchment paper and toss with the olive oil, chili powder and generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a few pinches of salt and pepper and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook about 8 more minutes. Stir in the oregano and lime juice, and then add the garlic. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Dip each collard green leaf in the water until just softened, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Assemble the burritos: Trim the thick part of the stem from the collard leaves. Fill each burrito with some of the sweet potatoes, brown rice, black beans, and onions and peppers.
- Add a chipotle sauce and wrap like a burrito.
You can serve it with any extra sauce if you desired… enjoy!