You don't need to have aspirations of being a smoothie person or the fitness life to love every sip of this healthy Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie.
Made with strawberry, banana, and protein-rich ingredients like Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and oatmeal, this healthy smoothie will keep you full for hours and give you enough energy all day. It's thick and creamy, pleasantly fruity, and delicious. The Greek Yogurt Strawberry Banana Smoothie is classic and simply delicious. If you haven't had a strawberry banana smoothie in a while, you might find it too obvious and have been looking for more unusual combinations, but with this recipe, we give you a refreshing reminder of why these two fruits are famous allies of flavor.
- 1 cup of whole frozen strawberries about 10 large berries
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and cut in half
- ¾ cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey
- Water or unsweetened almond milk as needed
- Place all of the ingredients but the ice in a blender: strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick to blend, splash in a little water or almond milk, if it is too thin, blend in a few ice cubes. Taste and add additional honey if you would like the smoothie sweeter. Pour into a glass and enjoy!