Feed your french fry craving with these low-carb carrot fries with the easier recipe on the Internet. Try it!
Halloween is approaching and this recipe is perfect for the children of the house since these carrot fries are healthy and their orange color symbolizes the date. Carrot fries are a healthy snack as they are not actually fried but baked. Sure you could fry them, but do it with olive oil. The sweet flavor of the carrot is the perfect touch to make this your favorite snack.
- 1 lb of carrots
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of mayo
- 2 teaspoon of canned chipotle
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Peel carrots and cut them lengthwise in half, and then in half again.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, cumin and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until tender and crisp at the ends.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, chipotle and lime juice.
- Serve carrot fries with the sauce.