Low in fat and low in calories ... If you want to lose weight without drastically changing your diet, a veggie burger is an ideal option for you.
Sweet potatoes can be prepared in a thousand different ways, they have a significant weight in the veggie diet, they are delicious, healthy and versatile. People often miss the potential of sweet potatoes, they believe that they only look good in desserts or certain dishes ... and no! This recipe is very simple, the sweet potato burgers have a contrast of flavors, they are juicier, softer and more fluffy. They combine perfectly with any type of vegetable you want to use as a filling for your burger, their flavors combine very well with the others, and the best part is that it is low in calories and leaves you satisfied without feeling heavy. Let's go!
What do you need?
- 1 sweet potato, baked, peeled, and mashed
- ⅓ block of extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ cup of panko
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Slider or regular hamburger buns
- Whatever fixings you like on your burger
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the mashed sweet potato in a bowl and crumble in the tofu with your hands.
- Mash together with a fork until the tofu falls apart even more.
- Mix in the tahini, maple syrup, garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Form into patties.
- Put the panko on a plate and coat the outside of each patty with the crumbs.
- Place patties on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are brown and crisp. You could also pan fry these in a skillet.
- Serve on buns with whatever fixings you like.
Enjoy this healthy burger!