Enjoy preparing and trying a tropical way of eating rice.
Pineapple is very versatile and can be added to both sweet and savory recipes. It complements the flavors very well and provides an exquisite aroma. Pineapple is very underrated in the kitchen but it is certainly a crucial element for this dish.
• 1½ tablespoon of sunflower or vegetable oil
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Small bunch of spring onions, chopped
• 1⁄2 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder
• 400g cooked long-grain rice
• 85g of frozen peas
• 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons of low-salt soy sauce
• 400g of fresh pineapple, roughly chopped into chunks
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil on a pan. Add the eggs, swirling them up the sides, to make a thin omelette.
2. Once cooked through, cut the omelette into ribbons.
3. Heat the remaining oil. Add the garlic, onions and five-spice.
4. Stir-fry until sizzling, then add the rice, peas, sesame oil and soy.
5. Cook over a high heat until the rice is hot, then stir through the pineapple and omelette ribbons.